Last updated: Mar 31, 2021
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Various treatment modalities exist to enhance dental aesthetics in position, color, shape, size, alignment, and overall smile appearance. Simple dental procedures may provide outstanding aesthetic results. While your appearance benefits, your teeth also stand a much better chance of lasting a lifetime if you follow your dentist’s guidance, even when it involves cosmetic dentistry. Call today to discover how cosmetic dentistry procedures can help your health.
Many misconceptions are surrounding the practice of cosmetic dental care. While most people understand that it strives to enhance the natural beauty of your mouth and smile, cosmetic dentistry also improves the functionality of your teeth. For example, cosmetic dentists often treat patients suffering from a missing or broken tooth.
Cosmetic and general dentistry overlap. Both disciplines require many of the same skills, and the initial years of training are identical. General dentists may elect to undertake further specialized training to master the art of cosmetic dental treatment.
Although many people like the idea of cosmetic procedures, they still prefer the reliability of a traditional family dentist. If that sounds like you, our dental practice may be right for you. Ali Modiri, DDS is a qualified general dentist and graduate of the esteemed New York University’s College of Dentistry. Since graduation, he has continued his education to do cosmetic dentistry, which he offers to the Stamford community.
book an appointment
Date & Time That Works For You
Which Cosmetic Dentistry Services We Offer?
Even without knowingly requesting the services of experienced dentists, you may have already undergone a cosmetic dental procedure as a part of relatively standard dental treatment. A highly skilled general dentist or oral surgeon with additional training may perform many treatments often associated with various types of cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as:
- Crowns. A cap placed on top of a broken or damaged tooth, a dental crown strengthens and protects the tooth. Custom-made and -fitted, dental crowns are the same shape as the original tooth, but the color varies according to the material used. Porcelain is considered the best material for its color and durability.
- Implants. Dental implants provide permanent anchors for new teeth to replace missing teeth or shore up your jaw for another dental appliance. Implants strengthen your jaw and reduce bone loss. At Stamford Dental Arts, you can get a variety of dental implants, from single tooth implants to denture implants.
- Bridge. When there’s a gap in your mouth from a missing tooth or teeth, your general dentist can place a dental bridge in the space to improve your mouth’s aesthetics and functionality. Cosmetic or family dentists can design either a cantilever, Maryland bonded, or a traditional fixed bridge for you.
- Veneers. A thin porcelain shield that covers the front of your teeth, dental veneers improve the appearance of teeth that have been broken, chipped, or stained. They’re the right choice for poorly aligned teeth too.
- Bonding. Dental bonding repairs damaged teeth and makes simple cosmetic improvements. Your dentist applies a tooth-colored resin or durable plastic onto your teeth, which bonds to your teeth with the aid of ultraviolet light.
- Dentures. Custom-made replacements for missing teeth, dentures can be taken out and put back at will. Dentures can either be full or partial. You need full dentures if you’ve lost all of your teeth, but only partial dentures are necessary if you still have some teeth left.
- Zoom whitening. A proprietary whitening process, Philips Zoom employs a light-accelerated treatment to whiten teeth in one office visit. Your dentist applies a hydrogen peroxide-based whitening agent on the surface of your teeth. Then a blue LED accelerates the action of the hydrogen peroxide to give you whiter, brighter teeth.
- Invisalign for teeth straightening. Crooked and misaligned teeth are unattractive and unhealthy. Invisalign aligners correct several alignment issues, such as gaps in your teeth, Underbites, Overbites, Crossbites, Uneven bites.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Stamford, CT
Cosmetic dentistry includes some of the same procedures as restorative dentistry. Many people delay getting these treatments because they have an erroneous idea about the cost of cosmetic services. But your traditional dental insurance covers many of these procedures because they’re also medically necessary. Your nearby dental practice helps you determine the extent of your insurance coverage and offers flexible payment plans when necessary.
Don’t put off any dental procedure just because you think it’s merely cosmetic in nature. Cosmetic dental care covers a lot of ground and provides many necessary procedures. Visit your nearby dentist at Stamford Dental Arts. Better yet, contact us today to make an appointment for a checkup and cleaning.
book an appointment
Date & Time That Works For You
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The information on this website is to provide a general dentistry information. In no way does any of the information provided reflect a definitive treatment advice. It is important to consult your dentist regarding ANY questions or issues. A thorough dental evaluation should ALWAYS be performed for an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. Be sure to call your local dental practice, to schedule a consultation.